Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Even a Scrooge can make use of Christmas

I'm on Monique McDonell's blog today, talking about "the holidays". Even though I'm a little bit of a Scrooge around the holidays- what can I say? All those joyous spots on television telling me how happy I'm going to be once I buy something have the opposite of the intended effect- sometimes you simply cannot pass up the opportunity afforded by an international holiday. The sudden disappearances...the possibilities for reunions...and, regardless, the anxiety around gathering with old and new acquaintances: if those don't make for built-in drama and/or opportunities to move your story forward, I don't know what does.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4f/Rockefeller_Center_christmas_tree_cropped.jpg
The most dramatic time of year?     


Please stop by Monique's blog to read how about how Christmas helps move The Smartest Girl in the Room forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment